Some time ago people did not know about computer, but with the changing times people also changed and their thinking also and they started getting information about computer, along with changing time, computer has started being used so much that in today’s era. It has come to be called the age of computers. In today’s time computer has become an important part of a person’s life, nowadays almost everyone has become computerized. But the way the use of computer is increasing, due to which the problems in the computer are also increasing. Of which the biggest problem is computer viruses.
what are computer viruses
Just as any person has a fever, which makes that person sick and has a negative effect on the immune system of the person, in the same way the programs designed for the computer (software) that affect the work of the computer. And it is made to affect the activity of the computer in a wrong way, which disrupts the work of the computer, we call it a virus, it is also like other programs, it is a program that copies itself. And through that it spreads from one computer to another.
where do viruses come from
Most viruses spread through mediums like Pen Drive, Data Card, which are used more in one’s computer than another. And nowadays everyone uses the internet. And downloading from internet, exchanging files etc. If you are not careful while doing all this work. So the computer gets infected with a nasty virus. Due to which the files of the computer work strangely, it can spoil the computer. Viruses send strange messages or popups to your computer, or can even damage your computer’s operating system.
Ways to avoid computer virus
- If you use WindowsXp. So you always have to turn on Firewall.
- Always run all necessary Necessary and Service Packs (all windows including all your programs and software! Keep them updated) (Protect computer from virus )
- You run your Anti-Virus daily and do not always use Free Antivirus. Because Free Antivirus does not do much work only in the computer.
- Once a week, you must run Anti-Spyware / Adware in your computer, so that the working speed of your computer is correct.
- Turn on Pop up Blocker in your computer. This will happen that advertisements or fake messages will stop coming in your computer. This feature is available only in Windows XP etc. computers. And if you want, you can also download any other Pop-up Blocker along with it.
- When using the Messenger service, be aware of files sent by Messenger. Virus checks are done in most email services, so that whether the file contains Virus or not.
- Be very careful when downloading files or a program from the Internet, pay attention to the instructions when downloading it. Downloading can sometimes cause system registry or entire computer system to malfunction. (Protect computer from virus )
- NEVER open mail that is suspicious to you or doesn’t know you can send this message back to your provider if they are in your bulk mail. As soon as you click on these messages, you will go to another website. In which you have to fill the information. So that you will get upset while clicking on that website. This is how hackers take your information.
- Run Defragmentation is used to clean the disk. You can easily see it in the C: / drive of your computer. To see this, you have to right click in C: / drive > Click on properties > Click on Tools > Click on defragment.
Be wary of files that come from a floppy disk or any other external memory when you open it in the floppy drive of your CD-ROM. You should know its source, or better yet, when you insert it, be sure to scan the file with your anti-virus program before opening it.