Friends ! In the previous post, we have read that what is a computer? In that we learned that a computer is made up of two things, first software, second hardware. In this post I will tell you about hardware, what is hardware? previous post What is a computer? I told you about different types of computers. But in today’s post, I will tell you about the hardware related to the common computer like – Desktop and Laptop.
what is hardware
All those physical parts connected to the computer that we can touch, see, are called hardware. Physical parts of computer like – LCD, keyboard, CPU, mouse, RAM, hard disk, etc. The word Hardware is made up of two words Hard (Hard) + Ware (Ware). Hard means solid and ware means material, the full literal meaning of hardware is ‘solid material’. If we understand the definition of hardware in the literal sense, then its definition will be that all the solid things in the computer which are used to run the computer are called hardware. Just as our body needs eyes, nose, mouth, ears, hands, feet, etc. to be complete. Similarly, all these hardware is needed for the computer to be complete. Nowadays some software has also come such that it requires fixed hardware to run. If that hardware is not in the computer, then that software also cannot be used.
what are the types of hardware
- input device ( input device )
- output device (output device)
- input device The devices through which we give our instructions to the computer are called input devices.
Example – keyboard, mouse, scanner, microphone, etc.
- output device The devices through which we can get the results of our given instructions are called output devices.
Example – Monitor, Speaker, Printer, Headphone etc.
Note: Some hardware is both input and output such as pen drive, fax, modem, touch screen device, digital camera, network card.
Here we will also divide the hardware as external hardware and internal hardware. Input and output devices do not include all the hardware like – RAM, processor, hard disk, etc. But all hardware comes in internal and external hardware.
- external hardware Hardware that is outside the computer cabinet. Such as – Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, UPS, Printer, Speaker, etc.
- internal hardware The hardware that is inside the computer cabinet. Such as – Motherboard, Hard Disk, RAM, DVD Drive, Processor, Power Supply etc.
Laptops have many external hardware inside such as – keyboard, mouse, screen, UPS, speaker.
Friends, we have taken great care while writing this post, but still if we make any mistake then you can tell us by writing it in the comment, we will fix it immediately and we hope you liked this post. If you like our post then do share it with your friends.